Upcoming Events and Projects
- Where can I find out about what Julian is doing?
Please visit the news section of this site where we provide various links to recent reports and upcoming events.
- Is Julian touring?
Julian has no plans to tour at this point, but should things change, you’ll hear about it here first.
- Is Julian writing a new album?
No, and he won’t be for some time as he has to promote ‘Everything Changes’ in many countries over the next 6-12 months. Then, if you consider that he might tour, that could also take anywhere between 6-12 months, and as many of his fans already know, Julian certainly doesn’t like to rush his work…
- Has Julian appeared on other musicians’ albums?
Julian also has recently recorded backing vocals on the forthcoming Aerosmith album (2012).
Julian recently recorded backing vocals on Gregory Darlings new album 'Coloured Life' (2012).
He sang with Nick Wood, for the HOPE campaign track, and also featured in the video (2012).
Julian also donated a track to the album, Shine On! Songs Volume 1 a charity album released by The Tyler Foundation for childhood cancer (available on iTunes).
- How many studio albums has Julian released?
Six: Valotte , The Secret Value Of Daydreaming [’86], Mr. Jordan [’89], Help Yourself [’91], Photograph Smile [’98] and Everything Changes .
- What instruments does Julian play?
He can play most instruments by ear. He doesn’t read or write music. Generally after he has written and/or recorded a song, he forgets how he wrote it, so, when playing ‘live’, he has to relearn every song and every instrument again, even the lyrics too!
- Does Julian have a favourite instrument to play?
Not really, he likes all instruments…
- What type of guitar does Julian play?
In general, Julian prefers acoustic guitars and plays a J-55 Gibson (made between 1939 and 1943), a 12 string 995 Rosewood Taylor and also a CJ 32 Yamaha.
- What is Julian’s favourite music?
He likes most kinds of music.
- Is Julian planning to collaborate with any of the other ‘Beatle children’?
Julian has no plans to collaborate with any of the other Beatle progenies as his own career in music, photography and The White Feather Foundation keeps him busy enough.
- Where can I find more information on Julian’s photography?
On his photography website: julianlennon-photography.com.
- What camera equipment does Julian favour?
He uses many different cameras and different companies’ equipment, but is not, as yet, affiliated with any.
- Can I buy any of Julian’s photographic work?
Of course! All details of sales and exhibitions are on Julian’s Photography site.
- Julian’s photography seems to fall largely into two types, reportage like the U2 material, and land or cloudscapes. Does he have a favourite style?
- Does Julian consider himself to be a musician or a photographer these days?
Both, if not much more! He has always felt that one should not be pigeon-holed, or put into a box. He believes that what you do defines you and he certainly does much more than just music and/or photography!
- Where was Julian born?
He was born at on April 8th, 1963 at 0650 in Sefton General Hospital in Liverpool. He was named John after his father, Charles after Cynthia's father and Julian after John's mother Julia.
- Can I get a signed photo?
Due to the sheer volume of requests and mail we receive, Julian is unable to accept applications for personally signed photos, requests to appear, support your cause or appraise your work. However, Julian can be found and contacted via Facebook where he does occasionally respond to individual postings.
- Is there a fanclub I can join?
Yes, you can go to Julian’s page on Facebook and click on the ‘Like’ button, or use the Facebook button below.
- Is it really Julian posting on Facebook?
Yes, www.facebook.com/julianlennonofficial is the official and genuine profile set up and administered by Julian, but is also moderated, as and when he is busy or unavailable.
- How can I contact Julian?
If it’s about business, or a proposal, please contact his office, through the email address below, or on his Facebook page (info tab).
- Does Julian get nervous before going onstage?
In Julian’s words: “I have terrible stage fright. That’s why I generally do not speak in public, or present awards these days.”
- What question does Julian wish people would stop asking him?
This question! ;)
It would have to be about a ‘Beatles’ reunion, which he has clearly said will never take place, as two of the original members have since passed and Julian does not consider himself a replacement for his father.
- Where is Julian’s favourite place on Earth?
That would be telling…
- What is Julian’s favourite restaurant?
Same as above, is this ‘Stalker’s question time’?!
- Is Julian a good cook?
From Julian: “I cook pretty well… ;)”
- Has Julian ever been starstruck?
Julian confesses to having been starstruck “many times…”
- What is Julian’s favourite film?
Too many to list…
- Does Julian sing or record Beatles songs?
No and he is unlikely to, as he believes that you can’t do better than the perfection of the original versions.
- Will Julian sign my Beatles albums or posters?
No, Julian was not a member of the Beatles.
- Which Beatles songs did Julian inspire?
Three: Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds, Hey Jude and Good Night.
- How often does Julian visit Liverpool?
As much or as little as anywhere he goes…
- What is the ethos behind the White Feather Foundation?
You will find all details relating to the WFF at: www.whitefeatherfoundation.com
- How do I donate?
Donations can be made via the White Feather Foundation website at www.whitefeatherfoundation.com
- What other charities does Julian support?
Julian is a proud to be a Global Ambassador for the Lupus Foundation, a Patron of St Thomas' Lupus Trust in London and also an Ambassador for The Prince’s Trust.
- Can I advertise on your site?
We are not currently accepting solicitations to advertise.
- The question I wanted the answer to is not asked on this FAQ! Can I submit it?